Senior/Lead Interaction Designer – Accessibility - Remote
Our client, an emerging Ed-Tech start-up serving higher education, is adding an experienced interaction designer with a little UI “pizzazz” to their team. They are seeking someone with Agile experience to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams on core products and new features.
In this role, you will serve as the primary design lead, providing design strategy, and overseeing projects from concept to launch, and through to post-implementation evaluation of product performance, always striving to bring the absolute best product to market!
This role is 100% remote. The company prides itself on being able to work collaboratively from 14 different states! They value a work/life balance and don’t expect excessive hours, or set arbitrary deadlines.
· Participate in requirements gathering, working with business analysts & end users at the earliest stages of requirements gathering to determine user needs and to identify design issues of new feature requests.
· Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes that translate complex business requirements into user-friendly solutions.
· Design interfaces that scale seamlessly between mobile browser, native mobile app, and desktop browser.
· Design mockups that clearly communicate design ideas and solutions to present to internal and external stakeholders
· Conduct usability testing and communicate iterative changes to team members.
· 5 years in UX/UI Design, at least 3 years spent building complex web products
· Experience building Accessible products a MUST
· A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant experience and deliverables that focuses on software design is required with your submission.
· Experience with Responsive Design - you are well versed in “mobile first” responsive design patterns.
· User-Centered - you have attention to detail and focus on simplicity.
· Design experience with interfaces for web applications that offer complex interactions in service of complex business logic - you can read a specification, chat with a business analyst and nail the complex logic expressed in UX.
· Agile experience a MUST
· Highly Analytical and Creative - you are able to analyze our existing designs in order to create designs for new features that fit well with the existing application and maximize the user experience.
· Passionate About User Experience - You read UX, UI, and design blogs, articles, books, etc. to learn more about your craft. You want to improve your own
· Experience with Educational Technology/ Learning management systems a PLUS.