Head of Design – UX/UI/Product Design – Passion for gaming a must!
Amazing opportunity to help build an innovative gaming product!
Our client, an extremely well-funded start-up with incredible endorsement throughout the gaming industry, is seeking a Head of Design, a hands-on leader who can grow a team, and establish a scalable structure for future growth.
In this role, you will help build B2B and B2C platforms that bring friends together over video chat to play video games. You will apply your experience building Native mobile apps to help create a product that exemplifies the best UX standards – a product that is simple, intuitive, and fun! You will drive design from concept through launch, and build out the design culture. You will report to the Head of Product and work collaboratively with the founders – you will be able to make an impact!
· Lead design and develop the design culture
· Help develop and guide strategy and vision for product design, brand, and user research
· Oversee and optimize the design process. Collaborate with product management and engineering
· Build a team and provide coaching and mentorship for all designers
· Act proactively and strategically. Pinpoint edge cases, future problems, changing variables, potential integrations, and implementation processes
· Conduct research and usability when necessary. Contribute to design deliverables – use cases, wireframe, prototypes and UI assets. Create a design system
· Work remotely with product development and designers based in the US and Canada
· 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably within a startup or on a product that experienced hyper-growth
· Experience working on platforms with massive adoption a plus
· A love of gaming or experience with working on social and gaming platforms
· Must be willing to be a player-coach and excited to roll up your sleeves and execute as an IC as you scale the team.
· Meticulous attention to detail across usability and pixel-level decisions
· Ability to execute, lead, and oversee visual and interaction design, art direct freelancer or agency partners and elevate the work of those around you
· A proven track record of playing both lead and supporting roles in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch
· Experience in guiding strategy and roadmap of research to identify and answer the most critical questions about our users
A portfolio or PDF showcasing your experience with interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and product thinking is required for consideration