UX/Product Designer – Robotics
Join a highly technical, best-of-the-best team building cutting edge robotics products. Use your experience building hardware/ software products for good!
Our client, a highly successful late-stage start-up, builds open-source lab automation hardware/software solutions – robots – that are used by top-tier research institutes, universities and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. They are adding a senior UX/product designer to the team that builds new robotic modules and custom features/accessories. These products help to automate manual functions that slow down research and testing – think CoVid testing and the work behind vaccine development!
As UX/Product Designer on this team, you are responsible for the user experience of new and existing products, including the core robotic functions, and new and existing modules that address identified user needs. You’ll own projects from start to finish while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore user problems, experience mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews. You’ll collaborate with engineering, customer success, and support to help our team develop empathy for our internal and external users and advocate for their needs
● Conduct user research projects to guide exploration, design, development, and measurement of robotics-related user experiences.
● Identify key priorities and opportunities based on qualitative and quantitative user insights.
● Apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure requirements, features, and designs are grounded in proven customer needs.
● Translate and prioritize discovered needs into clear user stories and user flows which demonstrate span and impact of the solution.
● Create wireframes and build prototypes.
● Collaborate with engineering on the development of user-friendly documentation,
and learning resources such as tutorials, and how-tos.
● Feel comfortable making visual design decisions to evolve wireframes into a finished product.
● Become a key user advocate and help teams improve user-centered design approaches in every corner of the business.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience designing products and conducting user research and the ability to show how your work has had an impact.
● Direct experience working on robotics, hardware-software solutions, and/or IoT products.
● A strong portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in user experience design and usability testing.
● A demonstrated ability to break down complex problems into strategic, incremental, and user-centered solutions.
● Demonstrable, exceptional, communication skills with an affinity for language & semantics regarding usability and design.
A portfolio is required for consideration.