Senior UX/UI Designer – Geo-location Products – NYC
Be the voice of the customer for best-in-class products!
We are honored to represent our client, a domain leader in the telematics field, in their search for an experienced UX/UI Designer who will act as an advocate for the consumer, using UX/UI design and research best practices to enhance GPS products. You will work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with product and engineering teams to optimize the functionality and UI experience of their software platform.
This role will be based out of our New York City office, but remote options will be considered for the right candidate.
- Own the wireframing & prototyping of new features and experiences within our software
- Own the user research pipeline from consumer interviews to user testing
- Conduct user research and use those insights to create customer stories, personas and user journeys lessen friction and improve platform performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, & engineering to improve our platform, processes, and brand as we grow
- Help develop a strategic roadmap that will drive impact and product growth
- Gather insights from our customers and help apply them as we roll out new features to our platform
A portfolio is required for consideration
- 4+ years of professional software product design experience
- Prior SaaS experience
- Prior experience building products with Geo-location features.
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin, etc
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- A holistic view, understanding, and strong consideration of design and user experience, including layout, typography, color theory, visual hierarchy, etc
- Experience partnering with engineers
- Experience in an Agile environment, ideally Scrum
- Experience following a SDLC
- Extensive mobile UX experience and knowledge of platform constraints
- Broad knowledge of UX best practices and product design theory
- Experience with social media and/or marketplace products a PLUS