Lead Product Designer - Accessibility – NYC
Do well and do good – built a product that supports communities!
We are honored to represent our client, a domain leading B2B SaaS company building platforms that help non-profits, public sector organizations, school districts, local government and colleges better serve their communities, in their search for a Lead Product Designer who is skilled in UX and visual design and has a passion for helping non-profit and/or government agencies.
The ideal candidate will have experience building complex products that are ADA compliant, inclusive, accessible and mobile-friendly.
- Own the complete design process, from concept development to visual design to developer handoff, including use cases, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes
- Oversee product through launch and iteration
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product manager, and engineers
- Execute research (discovery, exploratory and validation) as needed, including personas and use cases
- Mentor junior designers
- Act as an evangelist for the product to internal stakeholders
- With the team, design the product strategy and roadmap
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of ADA compliance rules best practices and experience building accessible products A MUST
- Degree in design, technology or psychology (or equivalent work experience).
- Core expertise in Interaction (UX) Design, UI Design or Design Research.
- Experience designing SaaS products for the B2B market in a distributed Agile environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating the design of complex products and a rigorous design process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing mobile and web-based applications.
- The ability to show, through use cases and portfolio samples, experiences where you have been required to explore a problem space, define a solution framework and then execute vigorously.
Portfolio required for consideration