Senior UX Designer
Join a collaborative team of designers, researchers, and developers creating best-in-class software experiences
Our client, a leading global investment management firm, is looking for a Senior UX designer – a true generalist to join their Nashville office. They’re seeking a passionate, energetic designer who can create innovative digital products across mobile and web platforms. You’ll also be responsible for all aspects of a user-centered design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes and interactive prototypes, conducting usability tests, and creating annotated design specifications.
This is a great opportunity to drive the UX design process improving clients’ digital experiences.
- Conduct client interviews and usability tests in-person and over video conference
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation
- Translate business requirements and user research into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Brainstorm through user journeys, producing storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and mockups that define the user experience.
- Create prototypes showcasing design concepts and interaction patterns
- Collaborate with developers to ensure a high-quality implementation of designs
- Continually keeping yourself updated with current and best UX practices and trends
- Take a user-centered design approach driven by testing and iteration
- Travel as needed to Europe, Asia, Australia, and NYC office
- 4+ years experience in UX research and design
- Experience conducting user interviews and usability tests
- Demonstrable experience designing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience using user research findings as a basis for ideation and improvement
- Proven ability to understand complex, detailed requirements, design complete user experiences that meet client needs, and collaborate with developers to deliver on the UX vision
- Experience creating design deliverables including storyboards, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Strong proficiency in design software (Sketch, InVision)
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teammates, collaborators, and clients
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types