Senior Product Designer – B2C Mobile
Join an innovative team of passionate and curious product designers and engineers that are reinventing Internet TV streaming services for the world’s most popular sporting events and entertainment.
Our client, a very well funded, successful late stage startup building a live TV streaming service, is looking for a Senior Product Designer
with strong mobile experience to work in their NYC office.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team of designers and engineers creating rich, engaging mobile experiences and guiding the product development process from ideation to delivery.
- Identify design problems and distill findings into insights
- Design flows, wires, and prototypes from low to high-fidelity and then through subsequent iteration
- Translate product strategy, user needs and business requirements into functional product features
- Map out the user journey and feature flows to establish context
- Build prototypes and conduct usability tests to validate assumptions
- Present rationale for design approach and defend decisions in the context of both business and user needs
All applications must be accompanied by a portfolio of design work
- 6+ years of designing engaging mobile experiences in a consumer-facing tech company
- Demonstrable record in identifying user pain points and design problems and translating into practical design solutions
- Deep understanding of modern Android and iOS interaction trends, patterns, and constraints
- Open minded in sharing work and receiving continuous feedback with a user-first approach
- Proficient in fundamental visual and interaction design principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Insatiable hunger to continuously develop new skills and grow
- Experience working across various device platforms (Web, Mobile, OTT) is a plus
- Ability to write code (HTML/CSS/JS, Android Studio, Xcode) is a plus
- Experience with in UX writing and micropy is a plus
- Proficient in writing testing plans and conducting user interviews/usability tests is a plus
- Skills in related disciplines such as motion graphics, illustration or photography is a plus