Director of UI/FE Engineering
Lead a visionary team of engineers developing cutting-edge products, solutions, and services for more than half of the world's busiest sites.
Our client, a prominent open source company for modern web architecture, is seeking a Director of UI/FE Engineering in San Francisco.
This is a great opportunity to use your strong management and technical skills to drive the development of engaging User Interface interactions for applications serving more than half of the world's busiest sites.
- Create web-based User Interfaces for various applications via our multi-tenant SaaS cloud services
- Mentor team members and foster a culture of continuous improvement and experimentation
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop feature specifications and implementation approach
- Partner with fellow engineering leaders using a lean, agile process to continuously deliver releases
- Strategize alignment within the team and cross-functionally to meet roadmap commitments and production deadlines
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 8+ years of experience creating web application User Interfaces
- Strong architectural knowledge of client application layers and design patterns
- Demonstrable record in creating data visualizations and User Interface interactions, specifically for enterprise or SaaS products
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with React in production is a significant plus
- Exemplary skills in building strong relationships within the team and cross-functionally
- Deep passion for user experience and software development processes